|| Back to Central Connector |||Back to Game Rules|
Note: If it's your first turn and you do not draw a card that lets you start a pawn out, you forfeit (skip) your turn.
On all turns, take the top card on the Draw pile and move accordingly (see "The Cards," right) if you can. Place the card face up on "Discard Here."
To Start a Pawn
To move a pawn from your START out onto the track, you must draw either a 1 or a 2. If it is a 2, do as it says, then draw again and move if possible. You may not start a pawn out with any other cards!
Jumping and Bumping
You may jump over your own or another player's pawn that's in your way, counting it as one space. BUT... if you land on a space that's already occupied by an opponent's pawn, BUMP that pawn back to its own color START space.
4 and 10 cards move you backwards. If you have successfully moved a pawn backwards at least two spaces beyond your own START space, you may, on a subsequent turn, move into your own SAFETY ZONE without moving all the way around the board.
- Two pawns of the same color may never occupy the same space. If your only possible move would make you land on a space already occupied by another of your own pawns, you forfeit your turn.
- If at any time you cannot move, you forfeit your turn.
- But if at any time you can move, you must move, even if it's to your disadvantage.
- If you run out of cards in the Draw pile, shuffle the Discards and use them.
If you get all four of your pawns HOME first, you win! If you play again, the winner goes first.
Home: You must bring all four of your pawns into HOME by exact count!
Once HOME, do not move that pawn for the rest of the game.
Slide: Regardless which card sent you there, any time you land by exact count on the triangle at the beginning of a SLIDE that is not your own color, slide ahead to the end and BUMP any pawns in your way-including your own! back to their own START spaces. If you land on a SLIDE of your own color, don't slide, just stay put on the triangle.
Safety Zone: Only you may enter your own color SAFETY ZONE. All other rules apply. No pawn may enter its SAFETY ZONE by a backward move; however, a pawn may move backward out of its SAFETY ZONE and on subsequent turns move back into the ZONE as cards permit.
Start a Pawn Here: If
you've drawn a 1 card, take a pawn from START and
put it onto this circle; your turn ends. If you draw a 2, move a pawn out AND
draw again! You may not have two pawns on an entry circle at the same time. If
another player's pawn is on your entry circle, BUMP it back to its own START.
THE CARDS -by number...
1 Either start a pawn out OR move one pawn forward 1 space.
2 Either start a pawn out OR move one pawn forward 2 spaces. Whichever you door even if you couldn't move-DRAW AGAIN and move accordingly.
3 Move one pawn forward 3 spaces.
4 Move one pawn backwards 4 spaces.
5 Move one pawn forward 5 spaces.
7 Either move one pawn forward 7 spaces-OR split the forward move between any two pawns.
Notes: - You may not use 7 to start a pawn.
- If you use part of the 7 to get a pawn HOME, you must be able to use the balance of the move for another pawn.
8 Move one pawn forward 8 spaces.
10 Either move one pawn forward 10 spaces-OR move one pawn backwards 1 space.
11 Move one pawn forward 11 spaces-OR switch any one of your pawns with one of any opponent's. Notes:
- You may forfeit your move if you do not wish to change places and it is impossible to go forward 11 spaces.
- You may only use 11 for pawns in play on the open track-not at START, HOME or in a SAFETY ZONE.
- If your switch landed you on a triangle at the beginning of another player's slide, slide to the end!
12 Move one pawn forward 12 spaces.
SORRY! Take one pawn from your START, place it on any space that is occupied by any opponent, and bump that opponent's pawn back to its START. If there is no pawn on your START or no opponent's pawn on any space you can move to, you forfeit your move.
- RED is always YELLOW's partner, and GREEN is always BLUE's.
- All regular rules apply and any partner may move-or bump his or her own or the partner's piece in accordance with the card drawn.
- If you land on a space occupied by a partner's pawn, bump it back to its START!
- SORRY cards must be used. If there's no one else to pick on, this means you might send your own or your partner's piece back!
- 7 means you may split a move among any or all eight of your team's pieces.
- If you drew a 1 or 2, you may enter a pawn of either partner; if it was a 2, when you draw again, you may use that card for any of your team's eight pieces.
WINNING: The first partnership to get all eight pawns into their respective HOMEs wins the game.
VARIATION FOR ADULTS-Play for points All regular rules apply except:
- Put only three of your pawns on your START space. Put the fourth pawn on the circle outside your START.
- Shuffle the deck and deal five cards face down to each player. Place the rest of the pack face down on "Place Pack Here."
- On your turn, select one card from your hand and move according to its instructions. Discard it and draw a new card to bring your hand back up to five cards.
- If none of the cards in your hand allows you to move, discard any one card and draw a new one. Your turn ends; do not move a pawn until your next turn.
- The first player to get all four pawns HOME wins.
SCORING: All players score 5 points for each piece on HOME. The WINNER also scores as follows: 5 points for each opponent's piece not in its HOME 25 points if no opponent has more than two pawns HOME 50 points if no opponent has more than one pawn HOME 100 points if no opponent's pawn reached HOME
We will be happy to answer your
or comments about this game.
Write: Consumer Relations Department,
Parker Brothers P. O. Box 1012. Beverly, MA 01915.
|| Back to Central Connector |||Back to Game Rules ||